Schweb Design is searching for a talented & experienced full-stack web developer with strong experience developing, building, theming, and maintaining websites & web applications.
A candidate with strong experience with the Drupal & Wordpress CMS’s and/or React, Angular and other modern MVC frameworks is preferred.
As a full-stack web developer at Schweb Design, you will work with dozens of local small businesses & non-profits and join our current team of developers, designers, and SEO marketers.
The ideal candidate is a self-learner and self-manager with good time management skills who enjoys collaboration and can communicate effectively in a group of diverse personalities.
- Hours per week: 40 +
- Work weekends? Optional
- Work with a team? Work will require both solo and team work.
- Average daily start time: 8-9am
- Average daily quit time: 5-6pm
- Holiday & Vacation pay: available with accrual over time.
- Pay: Commensurate with experience
Responsibilities & duties:
- Write front-end code, back-end code, integrate with frameworks and APIs, and utilize CLI tools and configuration GUI's as necessary.
- Create and update websites with focus on creating an exceptional visitor experience while conveying a professional appearance that accurately represents each client’s brand and goals.
- Analyze clients' needs to implement web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity.
- Integrate web sites with other computer applications.
- Keep up-to-date with web development technologies and trends.
- Utilize and implement attractive, thoughtfully laid out, fully-responsive & mobile friendly website contexts and elements.
- Work directly with clients to implement solutions that best meet the needs of their business
- Applicant must be able to commute daily to our office currently located in Leola, PA (near Lancaster, PA).
- Previous experience with the Drupal & Wordpress CMS’s and/or React, Angular and other modern MVC frameworks is preferred.
- An experienced understanding of web design and user experience principles.
What will set you apart:
- Advanced understanding of the Drupal and/or Wordpress CMS including custom theming, module/plugin development, and framework methodologies (e.g. debugging, APIs, views, drush, composer, specific codexes, etc).
- Experience with modern version-control systems such as Git
- Strong familiarity with the CLI commands & related tools
- Website design experience and an eye for design.
- A related degree such as Computer Science, Web Development, IT/IS, or Website Design
- Search Engine Optimization experience
Best things about this job:
- Flexible work hours
- Overtime available
- Opportunity to earn extra incentive pay
- Work with a wide array of clients and industries
- Collaborative team environment
- You will learn something new every day
- Challenging, unique, & daily-changing work
- Work rarely follows you home
- The opportunity to interact directly with clients.
Worst things about this job:
- Rigorous work environment with focus on efficiency.
- We are a growing small business with a small team. We have a close-knit, team-oriented culture, and we are still growing.
- Your tasks from day to day may vary greatly depending on the project(s) at hand.
Top qualities & skills we want:
- Strong attention to details and procedures; Ability to be analytical and thorough
- Strong ability to communicate efficiently with team members and clients.
- Strength in leading as well as working cooperatively with a team.
- Fast-pasted worker yet thorough and organized.
- Strong time management ability.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks across a wide range of client projects and industries. Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Top 3 attitudes we want:
- Being self-managed with a strong work ethic. You will not have a strict regular agenda or be told what to do each day; You will have the opportunity to set priorities and goals for yourself as well as our clients, which affect their bottom line.
- Appreciate a challenge and approaches it with commitment, earnestness, and enthusiasm.
- Have the heart of a teacher with willingness and ability to explain the how and why.
Your work space:
- You will be provided with your own work space, desk, & chair.
- You will be provided your own company computer with dual-monitor configuration (or more)
- Work on our privately managed production & development web server(s)
- Freshly-brewed, free coffee every day.
We believe work should be:
- done for a purpose
- fun, yet challenging
- a learning experience
- done with excellence
- done with the heart of a teacher
Schweb Design is a small, expanding web development, design, SEO & online marketing agencies in the Lancaster, PA area. We specialize in Drupal & Wordpress, harnessing the power and flexibility of open-source for the benefit of our clients, while contributing back to the open-source communities however we can. We believe business should not be done with a closed fist, but rather that work & the experience/knowledge that comes with it should be done with the heart of a teacher educating, giving, and adding value to the lives & businesses of our clients. We believe websites are an investment and should be more than a hobby by making our clients money & increased profits and can be leveraged to give back to the local community.